From everyone at Akademos: Please take care of yourself and stay current as the situation changes. General updates on recommended precautions you can take to keep yourself safe can be found here: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
We have been closely monitoring the recent global events to ensure we are in a position to support and assist our Institutional school partners and their students. As part of our mission to enable student preparedness and success, we have partnered with VitalSource and top publishers to ensure your students have access to all of their course materials.
Beginning March 16 and for the rest of the semester, access to an expansive catalog of eBooks will be available for free to students at partner institutions who have semester-based calendars that have chosen to curtail physical teaching in response to COVID-19.(1) Students will be able to simply log in to VitalSource using their school email address to view available course materials from participating publishers.
Learn more here: https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps
"As events around this pandemic continue to unfold, colleges and universities are faced with many difficult decisions, said Raj Kaji, CEO of Akademos. Akademos is committed to the success of its clients and is pleased to work with partners such as VitalSource to quickly adapt and provide assistance. Our hearts go out to all who have been negatively impacted by these events."
Are physical orders being delayed?
- As of this update, there are no delays impacting delivery service levels or availability, and you can place your order as needed. Please give careful consideration to the shipping address you enter to ensure it is a location you will have access to upon delivery. Should your order be delayed due to COVID-19 response efforts, we will make every effort to notify you and offer alternative options.
Are UPS and USPS delivering packages on time?
- Currently UPS and USPS are delivering packages and mail without service delays, however this is a fluid situation. We will update this page as we become aware of carrier issues, which can also be monitored directly: UPS https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page or USPS. https://about.usps.com/newsroom/statements/usps-statement-on-coronavirus.htm
Why is the “ship to campus” option not showing on the bookstore’s website?
- We are disabling “ship to campus” for those schools who are closing their campus or switching to online learning.
- If you have an existing order that is scheduled to ship to campus, you may be able to switch the shipping address by following these instructions.
What should I do about my rental textbooks?
- Rentals should be returned at their regular due date (majority are due back June 30). If you are unable to get to your rental book because your campus is closed, please email us and include your school name, when your campus closed, and order ID.
Ebook Program Help
Note: the following information is accurate to our knowledge, however the terms of the program are governed by VitalSource and are subject to change. For more information about this program please visit https://get.vitalsource.com/vitalsource-helps.
How do I access materials?
- You can go to bookshelf.vitalsource.com and log in with your official school email address. Because eligibility in this program is controlled in part by the use of this email address, you will not be able to log in or register with a personal email account.
Do I need to create a VitalSource login?
- You can use your existing VitalSource login if it was created with your school email. If you do not have a VitalSource account, you can create one for free. For students and instructors with existing Bookshelf accounts NOT linked to their institution-provided email address, you can update your account by following these directions.
What if my school is not on the list?
- If your institution is a semester based institution AND has announced a temporary closure or movement to wholly online classes given COVID-19, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will I have access to the free digital materials through VitalSource?
- The end of your semester or May 25, whichever comes first.
(1) Excludes for-profit institutions as well as those who predominantly instruct on an online basis.